- Your little one's brain continues its rapid growth. Don't forget to share music, conversation, and even books with baby!
- Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. Baby's hearing continues to develop, he or she may start to recognize your voice as well as your partner's.
- Lungs continue to grow and prepare for functioning outside of the womb. Each day in the womb greatly increases survival rates!
- She also continues to take small breaths and although she's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when she's born.
- Eyelids are now open more. Baby can distinguish between light and dark.
- Retinas have formed.
- Baby will grow over an inch this week alone! You may suspect this phenomenal growth rate repeats in the preteen years!
- Average size is now 14.4 inches (36.6cm) and 1.9 pound (875gm).
And here is my belly picture from today. Next week I will hopefully have ultrasound pictures to post too. :)