I keep saying how I will need maternity clothes soon, but its kind of sad to think I need them already. But I am carrying TWO babies, not one, so its to be expected. I want to go to Gap Maternity but the only Gap around here with maternity clothes is in Mall of America. And I try to avoid that place like the plague! I'm gonna have to give in soon though.
Well here's what's going on with the babies' development at 14 weeks:
- Thyroid gland has matured and baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
- In boys, the prostate gland develops
- In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis
- Little one may have learned to suck his thumb by this point!
- The bones are getting harder and stronger by the day!
- Baby's skin is very transparent still
- Lanugo (very fine hair) covers the baby's body and will continue to grow until 26 weeks gestational age - Generally this will be shed prior to birth. Its purpose is to help protect baby's skin while in all that water!
- Baby is 3.42 inches (8.7cm) long (the size of a lemon) and weighs about 1.52 ounces (43 grams) - approximately the weight of a letter!
And, as promised, here is my big belly. I decided to spare you all from having to see my pale, fleshy skin this time. ;) My pants are as low as I can get them so that they will still fit, so its making my behind look enormous. Its big but its not THAT big. haha