Friday, October 10, 2008

11 weeks!

  • Nearly all structures and organs are formed and beginning to function.
  • Fingers and toes have separated.
  • Hair and nails begin to grow
  • The genitals begin to take on the proper gender characteristics - It will be just a few more weeks before your ultrasound can show if you are having a boy or a girl! Have you been dreaming of pink or blue?
  • Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys begin to function - This fluid, consisting primarily of water, helps provide a cushion for your baby while she's nestled within your womb.
  • The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice contractions that digest food.
  • Your baby is about 1.61 inches (4.1 cm) long and weighs 0.25 ounce (7gm).

So I've got two limes rolling around in there! I swear I feel them bumping around already. Sometimes its obviously gas bubbles or something, but other times it clearly feels like little bumps and nudges. I knew I would feel them earlier since they're twins.


Well I am off the Progesterone injections but I have to use Prometrium suppositories (3 times a day) for 11 more days. They are pretty gross. I think I'd rather be doing the injections! LOL.

Ian is really interested in the babies. He knows to be careful around me and not use my tummy as leverage when he gets up from the couch. I've fully explained that these are M&B's babies and that they will not be coming home with us when they are born, and he is very happy about that. But he does like to hug my belly and say "Mama, I love these babies." He's such a sweet boy. I wonder, if he was in school right now, if he'd be telling everyone at school his own version of this? haha

Chris is out of town until Tuesday so I'm on my own with the kids until then. Yesterday went well, although the boys have already said that they miss their Daddy. When I went to sleep last night, it was so quiet without Chris' wall-rattling snoring, that it was hard to fall asleep. It was just too quiet. But once I was asleep, I was totally knocked out! I might take the boys to an apple orchard this weekend if I feel brave. I've been stuck in the house so much lately...I really need to get out and do something interesting.

Well...the second trimester is around the corner! Already! This pregnancy seems to be going pretty fast for me now, although I know its crawling by for M&B. I remember feeling like I was pregnant for an eternity when I was pregnant with Ian. It took us 2 years to conceive and I was totally impatient and couldnt wait to meet him and see who he looked like, what his temperment was, etc. My pregnancy with Quinn flew by since we had so much going on...we sold our house & moved from TN to MN during the pregnancy, then lived with my inlaws for a couple months until we found a house to rent. I sure miss my Mother In Law cooking for me every day. =)


I really want a cake doughnut. Too bad we dont have any doughnut shops around here. Just grocery stores with bakeries...but its not the same. =(

No comments: