- Your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm) - This is about the same weight as 4 quarters.
- If you could peek in again you may spot baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
- Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
- Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
- Her hands are becoming more functional - Baby may find it comforting to start playing with her fist.
- At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta
- On your next doctor visit you should be able to hear heartbeat with a Doppler by now - (Don't worry though if you can't, the heartbeat can be confirmed through U/S). Baby's heartbeat is much rapider than your own and may remind you of the race towards birth that he is running!
Nothing else is really going on. Things are pretty uneventful, which is good thing right now. :)