Monday, October 13, 2008

Things I can eat often (or: Welcome to the land of 'aversions')

Here's a list of some foods I can eat repeatedly. This only matters because there is a large list of things I can only eat once or twice and then the thought of it turns my stomach.

  • cottage cheese
  • yogurt
  • bagel w/ cream cheese
  • Del Monte fruit cups
  • 100 calorie pack of plain Pringles
  • ceasar salad (but last time I made one, the lettuce was bitter)
  • chicken burrito from Chipotle
  • fries

Anything else is a crapshoot. I've been craving chinese food and a loaded baked potato for a few days now. Once I get to feed my cravings, I wonder if they will be added to the 'things I can eat often' list or the 'things I never want to see again' list.

Here's a small example of things I cannot eat anymore.

  • Ice cream, any variety
  • peanut butter (plain or on a sandwich)
  • Frosted Miniwheats cereal
  • Anything Mexican other than Chipotle (I'm so sad!)
  • Pretzels
  • Chocolate (I have a ton of Halloween candy and havent touched the chocolate stuff!)
  • Bananas
  • Grapes
  • Pizza

I have two pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in the freezer that likely wont be eaten by me. I was eating it every night, and then all of the sudden....I just cant. Pregnancy does some really silly things to your body and mind sometimes.

No comments: