Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh, and...

I had a checkup on Monday and everything was great! I have gained a total of 28 pounds, which is right on target. My blood pressure was great, the girls' hearts sounded great, and I'm measuring big. My doctor said you typically measure 3 weeks bigger with twins and I am measuring 8 weeks bigger! I'm not sure what that means other than that the girls are both presenting right out front. If they spread out and scoot my internal organs around a bit, maybe I'll start to measure 'normal'. LOL

My next appointment is Tuesday, February 3rd, which is bittersweet because that would have been when I was due had the first transfer worked. If it had worked and it was twins, I would have probably had them by now! Or I'd be pretty close! But everything happens for a reason and these 2 little girls were meant to be M&B's daughters. My mother-in-law always says you have the children you are meant to have...and I can say that is definitely true with my boys. I always wanted a daughter but now that I have two boys I honestly wouldn't want it any other way.

Anyways, at my next appointment I will have my glucose screening, which tests for gestational diabetes. I have to drink this sickeningly sweet glucose drink, and then have my blood tested an hour later to see how my body is processing the sugar. As long as I pass it, I'm good to go. If I fail it, I will have to come back in for a 3 hour glucose test!!! And then if I fail that one I will have to go on a diabetes diet! I never had GD with my kids, so I am hoping that remains true for this pregnancy. I will also start getting growth ultrasounds at every appointment, starting with this one. And then at 32 weeks I will start getting biophysical profiles of the girls as well as ultrasounds and NSTs (non-stress tests). And I think thats when I start going every week! Or maybe that starts at 30 weeks....not sure. I will find out next time. I just cant believe I am this close to the end already!

2 comments:

Sanda said...

I'm crossing my fingers that you pass the GD test with flying colors! I'm glad to hear you're feeling good!
Wow I can't believe it's 24 weeks already!!
Have a great weekend!

Loree said...

keep up the good work. you are doing great!