- The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
- Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
- Baby's nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
- The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
- Her swallowing reflexes are developing.
- Dexterity is improving. Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
- Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm).
Another site I read for updates says babies at this stage are 2 pounds already. So I'm sure the girls are somewhere between the two.
I dont know if anyone noticed, but I added more Important Dates to my blog, over on the right side. I start the 3rd trimester on February 6th! That's not very far away! We're just sailing through this thing! It has been wonderful! :)
Now here are my new belly pics. I'm posting one with my shirt covering my belly, my bare belly, and then a front shot of my bare belly. I think the frontal shots are awkward looking, but I figure I could post one here and there.