Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ah the twin diet

20 pounds down, 20 to go. And then another 15 to get me back to my real starting weight...the weight I was before I started my mock cycle last March. I'm not too worried about it yet...I'm only a week postpartum!

The girls are still in the nursery, but they did pass their carseat tests yesterday! Hopefully they will both master eating their bottles without taking a snooze in the middle of it so they can get out of the nursery. And honestly, dont most newborns fall asleep while eating? I know mine always did. But I suppose the nurses know whats best. I cant even imagine how ready M&B are to go home!

I had to stop pumping a couple days ago. Pumps arent 'natural' so it really tore me up and caused some pretty yucky issues, so as much as I hated to stop, I really had to. I was super painfully engorged the last couple days but today seems to be better. The swelling has gone down and they arent as big or as hard as they were. I did the best I could though!

Today will be 45 and sunny so I am actually going to leave the house for once! We're going a little stir crazy here and this weather is nuts. We had snow yesterday and today will be relatively warm and sunny. So I plan to take advantage of it and get these boys out for some fresh air.

Ready for the weekend!

3 comments:

Sanda said...

Wow that is some diet!
I'm glad to hear the girls are doing good and passed their first practical exam :)
I'm sorry about the pump damage :( Not cool at all. But it was awesome that you did what you did - that was a huge help indeed. I hope "your girls" are feeling better soon from the battle they just fought!
Hope you get to soak up some sunshine today!

Manderz said...

lol @ 45 being nice. :p Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi.

Have I commented here before? It seems like I had to have at some point because...wow! I live in MN, I was a gestational carrier that just delivered twins on march 15th at 34 weeks gestation.

-Robyn