So here's what's going on at 19 weeks:
- Your baby has the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. He has a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods.
- Throughout baby's body, nerves are being coated with a fatty substance called myelin, which insulates the nerves so that impulses can flow smoothly.
- Scalp hair becomes apparent this week. It has sprouted and continues to grow.
- The milk teeth buds have already developed and over the next few days the buds for the permanent teeth will begin to form behind the milk teeth.
- If baby is female the uterus starts to develop. If you're having a girl, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place.
- If it's a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognizable.
- Your baby is swallowing amniotic fluid and his or her kidneys are making urine.
- Your little one's size is around 6.02 inches (15.3cm) and 8.47 ounces (240gm).
I'm sill feeling good overall. The back pain is getting worse though. I went grocery shopping the other night and within 20 minutes my back was killing me. It's sciatic pain, so it was my lower back, down through the back of my thighs. Last night I made some cookies, and then had to make dinner, so standing in the kitchen for a couple hours killed my back too. I couldnt even clean all the dishes...I had to go sit down. I'm not sure what I can do about this back pain, so I just try to stay off my feet as much as possible.
Well the next time I update it will be after the ultrasound. If you want to vote in the gender poll to the right, you only have until Monday! :)