Nothing new to report. We had a great Thanksgiving with our family and had lots of good food. I had turkey with gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, stuffing, homemade rolls, green been casserole, mashed potatoes, and some truffle pie for dessert. Probably some other things I cant remember as well. We have some family friends in town from Amsterdam so it was nice visiting with them. They brought lots of chocolates and Belgian treats, and we snacked on them before dinner. Yesterday was Chris' little brother's birthday and he turned 16. So we are all going out to eat tonight...at the Mall of America...on Black Friday! It should be crazy!
I got up at 5am and went to Target this morning. There was a line all the way down the front of the building and around the side. It was crazy! I wasnt even there to get any of the 'special deals' that everyone else was after, except for the Nintendo DS with new Super Mario Brothers game, for Ian for his birthday. I got all my shopping done this morning! But of course my back hurts now so I am relaxing with my feet up until we go to dinner tonight.
Here's what the babies are up to this week:
- Vernix (a white cheese-like protective material) forms on baby's skin with the lanugo (soft, lightly pigmented hair covering the body and limbs); both serving to protect your baby's skin during the months in water.
- Your placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby. Don't forget those prenatal vitamins!
- Tiny air sacs called alveoli begin to form in lungs. He'll be putting these lungs to good use in just a few months!
- Her vocal chords are formed. She goes through the motions of crying but without air she doesn't make a sound.
- Features of baby's heart, including ventricles and chambers, should be visible during an ultrasound.
- Your baby measures about 5.59 inches (14.2cm) this week and weighs about 6.7 ounces (190gm).