So here's what's going on with the babies at 15 weeks:
- You may begin to feel some fluttering movements as baby kicks, flails, twists and turns (but don't panic if you don't yet). She can also grasp, squint, frown, grimace and maybe suck her thumb!
- Baby's legs have grown longer than the arms and the body is now longer than the head.
And you'll be happy to note that he is moving those arms and legs often!
- His skin is very thin -- so thin blood vessel are visible. It's covered by a fine, soft layer of hair called lanugo. Lanugo comes from a Latin word meaning "down." This hair is thought to help insulate your little boy.
- The three tiny bones in his middle ear have begun to harden. The auditory centers in baby's brain haven't developed yet, so she might not really understand what you say but her hearing capacity is in the process of developing.
- Fingernails and toenails are growing.
- Eyebrows are beginning to grow and even the hair his head is sprouting. It will probably change color and texture after birth.
- All this and your little one is an amazing 3.98 inches (10.1cm) long and may weigh 2.47 ounces (70gm).
Yesterday we got the first snow of the season. It was beautiful but it melted by the time the afternoon rolled around. It's lightly snowing right now but its not going to stick. I love this time of year. I really dont mind the snow as long as I dont have to drive in it! And I'm just hoping that the weather is nice when M&B are here on Dec 7th and 8th. But even if it is snowy, its pretty to look at. :)
Next week I will have a new belly picture. I havent weighed myself...I've been too afraid to. I've been eating a lot these days! I will get my official weight from my doctor next week. I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon.