- Fat begins to form underneath skin, providing baby with insulation for the coming months.
- Did you know that both baby and placenta are now about the same size?
- Your little one has reached 4.57 inches (11.6cm) and approximately 3.53 ounces (100gm).
- His head and neck are held straighter now.
- This is a week of "mights!" You might hear the tiny thumps of his heartbeat with an external monitor now.
- The genitals are developed sufficiently that an experienced sonographer might be able to determine if your baby is a boy or a girl.
- Her heart is pumping as much as 6 gallons of blood a day and beats at a rate about double your heart rate.
- If you could take a peek inside, you would witness your child's reflexes in action! (Sucking, swallowing and blinking are now evident.) She is probably even hiccuping even though you don't feel it yet!
- Your baby has learned to breathe! This is apparent from the regular movements of his chest. Isn't it amazing that he is able to breathe "underwater," inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid? These actions help the lungs to develop and grow.
So everything is going great! I did have a little bit of a freakout due to some bleeding, but it ended up being Chris' fault, and very common...so I'll leave it at that. ;) The bleeding didnt last long at all, and my doctor told me what signs to watch out for that would mean I would need to come in and be seen...such as clots, cramping, or contractions. But I've had none of that, and I feel great so there's nothing to worry about.
Can you believe it's getting so close to Thanksgiving already? I know I've got a lot to be thankful about this year and I cant wait to spend the day with my family. :)