I am very sad that I have to miss the surrogate support group meeting this time around. It's tomorrow in Chicago. This meeting is going to be huge! There will be 5 or 6 birth stories, and then all the other ladies who are pregnant or about to transfer, and the new girls as well. I dont get to go to another meeting until the girls are born, and then I will be giving my birth story. I miss everyone. The last 2 meetings I've gotten to go to were here in MN and had hardly anyone there. These meetings are so important and are really helpful for all the surrogates no matter which phase they are in. I cant wait to hear all about it. :)
Not much of any update from me today, since I updated on Wednesday about my appointment and everything. So I will jump into the good stuff: the girls' development.
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
- Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
- Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
- Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
- Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
- Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
- Talk to baby often, reading stories, singing songs and more. She can recognize your voice now and will often calm to it later on!
- Your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
Well it looks like the girls are already ahead of the curve on weight! So now they'll just continue to put on weight and grow a few more inches.
Here's my belly today: