Monday, March 24, 2008

Last night I just couldn't get it right!

Yesterday was business as usual, except instead of going out for lunch after church we all went over to my inlaws' house for Easter dinner. We had lots of good food and I even got to the halfway point in the book I'm reading (The Other Boleyn Girl, 730+ pages long!).

It was time for my injections (both were due last night) and I got out all my supplies like normal. I stuck the needle in for the PIO and drew back on the plunger a bit and blood started pouring into the syringe. Great...I had hit a blood vessel or vein. So I pulled it out and blood was pouring down my hip. Gross. Once I cleaned it up and stopped the bleeding, I had to dump that whole syringe or meds and start all over. The second time around it went fine. So then on to the Delestrogen. I loaded up the syringe and took one last look before I injected and realized that the needle was huge! It turns out that half of the pacakge of needles are 18 gauge and the other half are 22s, which are the ones I usually use for injections. I'm glad I noticed before I tried to stick the giant 18 into my backside! I wonder if I have done that before without noticing? So once I put the correct needle on, I did my injection like usual, and when I withdrew the needle blood starting pouring out again. I think it was a blood pocket from when I hit the vein with the PIO. Certainly the most eventful evening of injections to date.

I have a PIO injection tonight and tomorrow night, then Wednesday is my lining biopsy. I get to stop the injections for a bit!! I'm glad because my hiney needs to heal. I'm starting to get lumpy back there from the oil puddling up in the muscle. I hope it dispenses on its own pretty quickly. Apparently I need to do more massaging and heating after the injections to prevent lumps and knots.

I'm pretty nervous about the biopsy. This is where they are checking to see if my lining has all the goodies in it that need to be there at this point in my cycle. If it corresponds with where I'm at in my cycle then we're good to go. If it doesnt, I dont know what we'll do next. I dont even know the likelihood of my lining being 'off'. So we wait. They say it takes about a week after the procedure to get results back from Johns Hopkins. It will be an excruciatingly worrisome week for me! After having my lining being a little too thin at the first ultrasound I am just scared we'll have another setback. And its not that *I* am in a hurry to BE pregnant...its just that I am in a hurry for *M&B* to be pregnant. Patience...patience...patience...

Will update when there's more news. :)

No comments: