I am still exhausted and now a touch of morning sickness has crept up on me. For a good hour last night I was so nauseated I couldn't do anything but lay down on the couch. And this morning I have a bit of queasiness, though nothing like it was last night. Hopefully this little trend goes away quickly. I've got kids to play with, meals to cook, and a house to clean! LOL
Here is the baby's development at 6 weeks:
- The arms and legs continue to develop - These limbs are stretching out more and more. Later on you will be feeling those feet and elbows up close and personal right in your bladder!
- Brain is growing well - Did you know that over the course of the remaining months that your baby's brain will develop over 100 billion neurons? This is just the beginning!
- Lenses of the eyes appear - If you could catch a glimpse inside, you would notice your baby's appearance becoming increasing like a newborn's.
- Nostrils are formed - The position of the nose seems to shift into its proper place as well. Soon, the nerves running from the nose to the brain appear.
- Intestines grow - Initially these are actually located outside the baby's body within the umbilical cord.
- Pancreas - Your baby is now equipped to deal with digestive enzymes and take on processing the insulin and glucagons the body needs to function.
Since I am 6 weeks pregnant today, that means only another 4-6 weeks of injections! It will be nice when all of that is over. I know my bottom will sure appreciate it! And I will start the second trimester on October 18th. Right smack in the middle of fall....my favorite time of the year. I cant wait to go to an apple orchard and buy big bags of Honeycrisp apples. I am craving them so bad but they aren't in season yet. They are seriously the best apples ever...and they were developed here at the University of Minnesota! And of course we will have to pick a pumpkin from the patch to decorate and put out on the front porch. I cant wait to see how many kids go Trick or Treating in this neighborhood. I think I will have Chris take the boys out while I stay in and give out candy. Oh I love fall so much.
Right now it's mostly bloat, but hey I've gotta start somewhere.