Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Injections

I received a phone call today from one of the medical coordinators at the clinic in Annapolis. Unfortunately I didn't hear my phone ring so I noticed a few minutes afterwards that I had a voicemail. She was wanting to know if I knew how to give myself injections already or if I could have my doctor show me how. She wanted me to call back ASAP. So I called her but I must have just missed her. I had to leave her a voicemail. I told her that I have a booklet and DVD they had sent me, and I have researched it online as well. I also told her that I can have my OB show me how if need be.

So I think this means they will be sending my meds soon, or calling in the prescription. I'm not sure how they do it. I think I will ask the girls in the Extensions group who have worked with this clinic before. They are a great wealth of information for me.

I also got my flight booked for the trip to Chicago on March 8th for our next group meeting. Last time I was brand new, not yet matched, and eager to get started. This time I am a little 'seasoned', matched with the best couple ever, and still eager to get started! Have I mentioned that patience is not my thing? :) So this time I will have a bit of a story to tell. I can't wait to meet the new girls. I wonder how many there will be? It will be wonderful to see my counselors at the agency again. Kim and Carole are awesome.

Yesterday I had emailed the medical coordinator with the agency to let them know that I was successful in getting my HSG done on Monday, and she emailed back to remind me that my insurance is not to be billed for the procedure, to have them call my Trust Coordinator and have her set up a credit card in my file, for all things surrogacy related. So I got an email from her (Molly) letting me know we were good to go and I won't have to worry about billing issues in the future.

So now I wait. :)

No comments: