Ok onto the beta news. My beta came back at 3303!! A nice solid number! I needed my previous number to at least double within 48 hours, and it did more than double so we're good! According to betabase.info my doubling time is 32.27 hours! I have to go back in for one more beta on Tuesday, and then 10 days from that will be the ultrasound (Friday 9/12).
Today I am officially 5 weeks pregnant with 'Baby C' (or the C Babies). Here's whats going on at 5 weeks: (All instances of "your baby" are of course aimed at M&B!)
- First heartbeats begin - If you have an early ultrasound you may not be able to recognize this tiny being as a baby, but there is no mistaking what it feels like seeing your child's heartbeat on that screen. That rhythmic beat is echoed in your own heart.
- Umbilical cord develops - This is your baby's lifeline in utero. It bears the responsibility of pumping in oxygen, removing waste, and supplying the necessary nutrients for the remainder of your pregnancy.
- Blood is now pumping - All four heart chambers are now functioning, insuring your baby's body will receive all it needs over not only the remainder of your pregnancy but throughout life.
- Most other organs begin to develop - Your infant's lungs start to appear, along with her brain. Already your little one is preparing for a quest for lifelong learning!
- Arm and leg buds appear - While they may not appear to be much at this stage it is ok to dream of the future. Just imagine your ballerina twirling and jumping around your kitchen floor. Or perhaps you will have the precocious boy that throws the perfect pitch -- right through the neighbor's window.