Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Poll

So I was talking with M via email and we thought it would be fun to put up a poll about when I will go into labor. So over there to the right is a poll for you to vote on if you are interested.

Here are the facts:
  • At 31 weeks I was admitted to the hospital because I was 2cm dilated and contracting 5-6 times per hour.
  • I am on a medication called Nifedipine which relaxes the 'smooth muscle' of the uterus. If I am even an hour late taking one, I start having more contractions. I was told I can stop taking it at 36 weeks which is next Friday.
  • I still contract a couple times per hour while taking the medication. When labor wants to start, this pill wont keep it from happening if its really time!
  • I am on modified bedrest, which is really just limited activity. I am allowed to run into the store if I need to grab something or go out to eat, or go to church. Just as long as I am not doing anything strenuous or that has me on my feet for any extended amount of time (no cleaning or cooking, etc).
  • I was induced with both of my own children...Ian at 39w2 days and Quinn at 40w1d. I wasn't more than 1cm dilated with either of them when their inductions were started.
  • I might have lost some mucus plug last week. Havent seen anything like it since, and I'm not sure thats what it was. Who knows!

So there are the facts! At the start of this week I was really feeling like it would happen this week. A lot of people think it will. I'm not sure anymore because I actually feel ok despite being very tired. But we all know labor starts whenever it wants to, and is very unpredictable!!

1 comment:

Jamie Koluch said...

Glad everything went good! :D